Cycle Mizen Head to Malin Head in 7 Days.
Approximately 140 km and 1,200 meters per day.
Suitable for the 'Avid' Rider.
The west coast of Ireland is rich in awe-inspiring landscapes, fascinating characters and foot-tapping music. Cycling from the most southerly point to the most northerly will leave you with rich memories, new friends and a thirst for more! There is no better way to explore the wild beauty of the Wild Atlantic Way than from the saddle. The grandeur of the Cork and Kerry mountains. The warmth and joy of a night in a Galway pub. The lunar like landscape of the Burren. The packed mountain ranges dominating the horizon of the Connemara National Park. The giant Sea Loughs of the Inishowen Peninsula. Your end-to-end journey of seven days has a breath-taking finish on the rocky promontory of Malin Head. If you prefer something with shorter daily distance, then we'd love to see you on the 13-day version.
Price - £1,180 Per Person Sharing. Some single rooms are available for an additional supplement of £332.
What is included in the tour
- Airport transfers at the start and finish
- Accommodation and breakfast in great hotels
- A delicious 3-course finishing meal
- Shannon Estuary ferry fare
- Luggage transfer
- Advice on places to stop for your morning coffee
- Water, Soft drinks, fruit, cakes and bars en route
- Hearty lunches in pubs or restaurants on cycling days
- Van and mechanical support
- GPX route files
- A 'MizMal' End-to-Enders medal!
What is NOT included in the tour
- Evening meals - Our stopovers all have reasonably priced restaurants and pubs nearby and most of the hotels have good dining. Breakfast and lunch IS included
- Optional trips / entry fees for any excursions you arrange independently
- Insurance - you need to organise your own bike and travel insurance as required
- Gels, high energy bars, energy powder and shakes - bring your own as per what works best for you and your tummy!
The 8-Day tour consists of 7 full days of cycling. If you prefer a more leisurely challenge we also run a 13-Day Tour (12 days of cycling). The first day is our transfer and arrival day. The total distance is 575 miles, averaging 90 miles per day. The total elevation is 28,000 feet, averaging 4,000 feet per day. The 7-Day Ireland End-to-End is a challenging tour with some longer days in the saddle. Days vary, but generally the route has some climbs of medium difficulty and a few which are challenging. You will most likely need to train for the event and ensure you are fit enough to complete the distance and climbing.
The tour is primarily on quiet roads with a small number of joining sections on busier roads. Some cycling in towns and cities is necessary, particularly at the start and end of the day. Roads are generally well surfaced and suitable for road bike tires of 25 mm or more. We recommend a good quality and well-fitted road bike with dropped handlebars for the 7 Day tour. If bringing your bike in a box, we can remove it and return it to you at the end of the tour. The route is very scenic with the following itinerary (note figures may differ slightly):
- Day One - Arrival Day
- Day Two – Mizen Head to Killarney 82 mi 5,500 ft
- Day Three – Killarney to Spanish Point 94 mi 3,400 ft
- Day Four – Spanish Point to Galway 82 mi 3,582 ft
- Day Five – Galway to Westport 78 mi 3,300 ft
- Day Six – Westport to Donegal town 114 mi 4,800 ft
- Day Seven – Donegal town to Buncrana 83 mi 4,800 ft
- Day Eight – Buncrana to Malin Head, then drive to the city of Belfast via the International Airport 42 mi 2,700 ft
The tour starts at the Cork Airport Hotel on the first date of the advertised tour with a detailed briefing at 5pm. We then prepare our bikes and spend the night in the Cork Airport Hotel. This first night is included in the price of the tour. We travel on to Mizen Head and begin cycling the next morning. The Cork Airport Hotel is 5 minutes’ walk from the Arrival Terminal.
From Dublin Airport
If required, we can provide transfers to the Cork Airport Hotel on start day for you, your bike and your luggage from Dublin Airport. There is an extra supplement of £40 per person for this.
Please contact us if you have other travel requirements you wish to discuss and we will do our best to assist!
Departing at the End
The tour finishes at a venue close to Malin Head on the last date of the advertised tour. From here there are two set-down points – the Maldron Hotel at Belfast International Airport and the Premier Inn, Titanic Quarter, Belfast. Due to the uncertainty of finish times, we discourage you from booking onward flights on the finish evening. Instead you may wish to book into the Maldron Hotel, or the Premier Inn and continue the next day. This overnight isn't required by everyone and therefore is not included in the tour price. You will need to make any necessary bookings yourself. Your bike box / bag will be taken to your set-down point where you can then repack your bike at your leisure. We are normally at Belfast International Airport at approximately 6:30pm and at Premier Inn at 7:15pm on the finish day.