Cycle from Seville to Valencia in 8 days.
Approximately 125 km and 1,700 meters per day.
Suitable for the 'Avid' Rider.
Riding a bike in warm and scenic Southern Spain should be experienced by every cyclist! This is one that will challenge you physically, but reward you hugely for your efforts! The route is both inland and coastal with that feeling of each day being better than the one before. The route winds its way from Seville to the coastal city of Valencia. We pass through many National Parks including La Sierra de Grazalema with the amazing town of Ronda where we stop and stay after day one. We spend a night in the buzzing city of Granada before cycling the northern regions of the Sierra Nevada mountain range - famous for pro cycling training camps. You won't feel alone on two wheels! We enjoy an incredibly beautiful single climb day in the glorious and prestine Sierra Espuña range with a glorious descent and 26 flowing switchbacks! Our final push to Valencia takes us through La Serra de Mariola with its tree-lined slopes. Ride across plains and steep mountain passes with flowing descents for miles on end. Pedal through fertile valleys sprinkled with white-washed villages. Push yourself on long, quiet, smooth roads surrounded on all sides by green sloped mountains with flowing rivers. This tour is for experienced road cyclists not afraid to work hard and who welcome climbing and descending each day.
Book now with only £250 deposit or just tell us you're interested
What is included in the tour
- Transfer to start from nearby airport
- Transfer at finish to nearby airport
- 10 nights bed and breakfast in good hotels
- Van support with snacks
- GPX files of the route
- Daily briefings
- Route profile sheets
- Suggested coffee and lunch stops
- Baggage transfer
- Mechanical assistance and repairs arranged if required
- Emergency pickup
- Final group meal
What is NOT included in the tour
- Coffee breaks, lunch and evening meals (except the final meal in which is included). Options and recommendations for stops will be communicated at each morning's briefing and noted on the daily route sheet
- Optional trips / entry fees for any excursions you arrange independently
- Insurance - you need to organise your own bike and travel insurance as required
- Gels, high energy bars, energy powder and shakes - bring your own as per what works best for you and your tummy!
- Bike hire (we recommend you bring your own) or hire
- The historic and spectacular city of Ronda
- Sierra Maria mountains
- Granada and the Sierra Nevada range
- The turquoise reservoirs of Andalucia
- Climbing famous cols such as Puerto del Viento and Puerto de Los Blancares
- Sierra Espuña - a must-do for any serious cyclist visiting Spain
- The Megalithic Park of Gorafe and the Gor River canyon
- The "world's most dangerous walkway" - El Caminito del Rey in the El Chorro gorge
- The warmth of the people and the cold beer!
Day 1 - Arrival Day (no cycling). Meet in our hotel just south of Seville for briefing and bike fitting / prep. We provide transfers from Seville Airport
Day 2 - Dos Hermanas to Ronda - 127 km 1,910 m
Day 3 - Ronda to Antequera - 90 km 1,770 m
Day 4 - Antequera to Granada (Zaidin) - 126 km 1,990 m
Day 5 - Granada (Zaidin) to Baza - 130 km 1,890 m
Day 6 - Baza to Lorca - 138 km 1,400 m
Day 7 - Lorca to Murcia - 100 km 1,436 m
Day 8 - Murcia to Alcoi - 142 km 2,200 m
Day 9 - Alcoi to Valencia - 132 km 1,250 m
Finish meal and drinks at our hotel to celebrate!
Day 10 - Departure Day (no cycling). We will arrange convenient transfer from our hotel to Valencia Airport for your return flight.
Total over eight days: 1,000 km 13,600 m
Average daily: 125 km 1,700 m